Sicily Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Instruction throughout by wine critic and author Kerin O’Keefe, founder of kerinokeefe.com.
Claudia Cesarino will assist the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly as your tour manager.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this incredible and diverse wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
Sicilia’s position in the center of the Mediterranean Sea has made the island a nexus of cultural mixing and integration for millennia. This rich cultural heritage is matched by an amazingly diverse and complex range of wines and gastronomy that reflects all of the contributions made by the different civilizations who have settled here over the millennia.
Blessed with a varied range of terroirs, Sicily boasts some of the most distinctive grapes and wines of Italy. Old alberello vines of Nerello Mascalese and Carricante grow at high altitude on the slopes of the impressive volcano Etna. In the northeast corner of Sicily, Faro and Mamertino, are considered among the region most noteworthy terroirs. The southeast part of the island, famous for its unique Sicilian Baroque architecture, is the traditional home to Sicily’s flagship variety Nero d’Avola and Frappato.
Piedmont Wine Study Tour with Kerin O’Keefe
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of Italy with a notable expert and fabulous instructor!
The stunning wines of Piedmont are among the best in the world. The noble Nebbiolo grape achieves a level of greatness in the hills of Barolo and Barbaresco that cannot be matched in any other wine region. Lesser-known wine treasures such as Barbera, Dolcetto and Arneis are the everyday gems of industry insiders. Traveling to these small yet significant wine districts begets a level of understanding unreachable in books or podcasts. See and taste the difference between villages, appellations and vineyards.
- Discover the Piedmont wine region with your instructor, wine critic and author Kerin O’Keefe, founder of kerinokeefe.com.
- Claudia Cesarino will assist the instructor and making sure logistics run smoothly as your tour manager.
- Explore Piedmont’s iconic wine villages including Alba, Asti, Barolo, Barbaresco and Serralunga.
- See the famous Langhe and Monferrato Hills firsthand and discover why they were made UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Delve into the fascinating terroirs of Barolo and Barbaresco, the king and queen of Italian wine
- Drink history as you learn about the evolution of the region’s wines and taste winemaking philosophy in the glass
- Experience insider tastings with winemakers at some of Piedmont’s most exalted wineries. Compare vintages and vineyards as you learn local details directly from the people who grow the grapes and make the wine.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover the region’s epicurean delights paired with fantastic local wines.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or committed wine lovers. Share an educational, epicurean and unforgettable experience while discovering Piedmont wines. Trips are open to people from all countries, and are held in English.
Last modified: November 9, 2022